Merton Safeguarding Children Board - Protecting Children at Risk of Physical and Sexual Abuse Course
- To discuss the concept of 'Risk', 'Thresholds' and 'Significant Harm'
- To review the national definitions of physical and sexual abuse and consider indicators of abuse
- To explore the impact of physical and sexual abuse on the child/young person and family
- To encourage the professional to maintain a child/young person friendly approach in their work
- To explain the child protection process and the referral process to Merton Children's Social Care
- Listening to, and advocating for, children and young people
- Why work together?
- The definitions, indicators and processes of physical and sexual abuse
- The necessity of evidence gathering, accurate report writing and the compilation of chronologies/time lines
- PowerPoint presentation, Discussion, exercises, DVD's
To book, please click here
MSCB Training Section
Morden SM4 5DX