Merton Seniors' Forum
- To promote the welfare and interests of all Older People (the over-50s) who are pensioners (present or future), and who live in the London Borough of Merton.
- To provide a platform where matters of concern to Older People can be raised and policies developed.
- To act as an umbrella organisation when making representations to, and liaising with, statutory and voluntary bodies dealing with local, London, and national matters that particularly affect Older People.
- To promote policies affecting Older People and generally put forward a positive view of the over-50s.
- by investigations, research and surveys of opinion into issues that particularly concern Older People
- by representations to Merton Council, the Mayor of London (through the London Older People’s Strategy Group), the National Convention of Pensioners, and both to and through any other appropriate organisation, to advance the causes most affecting older people
- by campaigning, collaborating, or negotiating – whichever is likely to be the most effective, if not all - wherever we come across issues particularly affecting Older People.
We publish regular newsletters and occasional fact-sheets - Our Housing Action Group’s publication “There’s No Place Like Home” gives information about local and national services to help you maintain independent living in Merton.
For £10 a year, Group Membership open to any local, non party-political group which has it meetings within the London Borough of Merton, whose membership are older people, or who deal with matters concerning older people.
CAN YOU AFFORD NOT TO JOIN?
Send your name, address and contact details with the appropriate membership fee and a stamped self-addressed envelope to:
181 WHATLEY AVENUE